Pottery Barn is making it part of its mission in 2021 to help replenish the wood it uses for its furniture. For every piece of indoor wood furniture that it sells since the start of the new year, the retailer, which is part of the Williams-Sonoma portfolio of brands, plans to plant one tree. The goal is to plant 3 million trees by 2023 and the campaign is a joint effort with the Arbor Day Foundation.
Click here to read the story at detroitnews.com.
- What is corporate responsibility?
- How might this news story provide an example of the concept of corporate responsibility?
- Why do you think Pottery Barn is planning to plant 3 million trees by 2023?
- What is partnership?
- Who did Pottery Barn partner with for this initiative?
- How do you think both parties will benefit from this partnership and why is that important?