Prebiotic soda maker Olipop is set to cross $200 million in annual sales this year, just five years after it arrived on grocery store shelves.
Click here to read the story at cnbc.com.
- What kind of company is Olipop? What type of product or service to they offer?
- What is positioning?
- Based on what you learned in this news story, how would you describe Olipop’s positioning strategy?
- What is entrepreneurship?
- How might Olipop represent an example of entrepreneurship?
- What are the different ways entrepreneurs can finance a new venture?
- Why is financing important?
- The article suggests that, despite its success, Olipop is still in the early stages of growth. What must happen for the company to continue to grow?
- How much does a 12-ounce can of Olipop cost?
- How does that compare to Coke or Pepsi?
- Why do you think Olipop chose that price point?
- What is distribution?
- Why is distribution important to Olipop?
- How might distribution help the company to grow?
- What is an acquisition in business?
- Why would Coke or Pepsi be interested in acquiring Olipop?
- What is the marketing mix?
- How would you describe each of the marketing mix components as it relates to Olipop’s marketing strategy?