In partnership with Major League Eating (MLE), the competition will feature 10 professional eaters, including first-ranked Joey Chestnut, fourth-ranked Nick Wehry and 27th-ranked Eric “Badlands” Booker.
Click here to read the story at prnewswire.com.
- What is promotion?
- What are the different forms of promotion?
- Why do you think “holidays” like National Burrito Day exist?
- Why would Qdoba partner with Major League Eating?
- What form of promotion might best describe Qdoba’s decision to host an eating competition?
- What is the brand promoting?
- What do you think the brand hopes to accomplish with this promotion?
- What is social media marketing?
- Why is social media marketing important to a promotion like this one from Qdoba?
- How will the brand be using social media as part of this promotion?
- Do you think there are any risks associated with hosting an eating competition as a promotion from Qdoba’s perspective? Why or why not? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.