The original Razor A Kick folding scooter arrived in 2000, and in many ways—just like the phone of nearly the same name—it epitomized Y2K design. Its colorful hand grips and shiny aluminum frame glinted in the sunlight, hearkening a joyous, technological future.
Click here to read the story at fast company.com.
- What is a brand?
- What is brand strength?
- How might the strength of the Razor brand help the company with the introduction of its new product?
- Based on what you learned in this news story, how has Razor’s original product evolved?
- What is innovation and what might be innovative about the new product design?
- Why is product design important?
- What is Kickstarter?
- Why do you think brand chose to sell the new scooter on Kickstarter?
- What is a target market?
- Who you think Razor is targeting with the new product? Why?