The Hershey-owned brand is asking Instagram users to provide information about where to bring the “Trick-or-Treat Door,” an effort that likely will raise awareness for its stunt campaign. As people share posts in the photo-sharing app, there’s a greater likelihood other consumers will see the campaign and participate with their own posts. Social sharing has underpinned other recent campaigns on Instagram, such as Lifewtr’s effort this month that gave artists a chance to see their creative works shared on the account of the PepsiCo brand of bottled water, and contests by Trident gum and Ferrara Group’s Sweetarts candy to engage homebound consumers.
Click here to read the story at mobilemarketer.com.
- What is promotion?
- Why do you think Reeses is launching a promotion tied to Halloween?
- Based on information from this story, describe this promotion from Reeses.
- What do you think they hope to accomplish with this promotion?
- Why do you think they chose to launch the promotion on Instagram?
- What is consumer engagement?
- How do you think “social sharing” helps boost levels of consumer engagement and why do you think that is important to the brand?