Russell Stover’s social media campaigns arrive as millions of Americans face the possibility of not seeing loved ones on Easter, the biggest time of year for giving chocolate as a gift. The chocolatier’s Instagram challenge and virtual hugs on Giphy give the brand a way to participate in conversations among consumers who have become much more reliant on social media to stay connected with friends and family during the pandemic.
Click here to read the story at mobilemarketer.com.
- What is digital marketing?
- Why do brands engage in digital marketing activities?
- Why do you think Russell Stover chose to launch a social media marketing campaign tied to Easter?
- What is consumer engagement? How might this campaign help Russell Stover to boost its levels of consumer engagement?
- Why do you think the brand chose to launch the bunny hunt promotion on Instagram instead of Facebook or Twitter or Snapchat? Why do you think they partnered with Giphy? Explain your answers in the space below.