In Oranmore, a small town in County Galway, Ireland, you can now get a taste of a possible, instantly-gratifying drone delivery future. In a newly announced partnership with Irish drone delivery company Manna, Samsung is promising delivery of its smaller electronics like phones and smart watches “within three minutes” when ordered by someone in Oranmore from Samsung’s Irish online store.
Click here to read the story at theverge.com.
- What is distribution?
- Why is distribution an important function of marketing?
- What is partnership?
- According to this story, who did Samsung partner with for the drone delivery service?
- Why do you think the drone delivery is only being made available in one city in the world?
- How might consumer behavior influence distribution strategies?
- How might this partnership impact Samsung’s distribution strategy in the long-term?
- How might Samsung’s drone delivery testing impact distribution strategies for other companies in the future?