The sweet smell of green chile roasting on an open flame permeates New Mexico every fall, wafting from roadside stands and grocery store parking lots and inducing mouth-watering visions of culinary wonders.
Click here to read the story at theguardian.com.
- What is destination marketing?
- Why is tourism important to New Mexico?
- Why is destination marketing important to New Mexico?
- What are Chile peppers?
- Why are they important to the state of New Mexico?
- What is differentiation?
- Why do you think differentiation might be important to destination marketers?
- How might introducing an official aroma provide New Mexico with a differentiation strategy from a marketing perspective?
- According to this story, when is peak tourist season in New Mexico?
- This news story reports that New Mexico has consistently lower visitation rates than neighboring Colorado. How might promoting chile pepper season help New Mexico to attract more visitors?
- If you were a destination marketing professional, what strategies might you recommend to New Mexico officials to help boost tourism numbers? Be prepared to share your ideas in class.