Last Saturday, after a three-mile hike through the Presidio, I stood in a throng of tourists looking at the Golden Gate Bridge. As the crowd snapped photos of the landmark, I decided to join in.
Click here to read the story at nytimes.com.
- What is product development?
- What factors do you think Facebook had to consider when developing the new product? Be prepared to discuss your ideas in class.
- Why do you think Facebook partnered with Ray-Ban to develop this product?
- Why do you think Ray-Ban would want to partner with Facebook?
- What is positioning?
- How would you describe Facebook’s positioning strategy for its Smart Glasses product?
- What is product differentiation?
- Why is it important that Facebook differentiate its smart glasses product from similar products that have failed in the past?
- How is Facebook differentiating its Smart Glasses product from similar products from competitors that have failed in the past?
- What features do you think would be necessary for a product like this to gain popularity with consumers?
- Would you ever wear these glasses? Why or why not? Why might that information be valuable to marketing professionals at Facebook or Ray-Ban?