It’s Friday the 13th and Sour Punch® is asking fans to test their luck with a new spooky (and spicy) treat. Introducing Sour Punch® Ghost Pepper Roulette™, a new and fun interactive snacking experience that could be a trick or a treat.
Click here to read the story at prnewswire.com.
- What is seasonal marketing?
- Why is Halloween an important time of year for Sour Punch candy?
- How might that explain why the promotion was launched on Friday the 13th?
- What is engagement as it relates to marketing?
- This press release describes the Sour Punch® Ghost Pepper Roulette™ as a “new and fun interactive snacking experience.” What does that mean?
- How might an “interactive snacking experience” provide Sour Punch with an opportunity to increase engagement with the brand?
- Why is that important?
- What is social media marketing?
- How could Sour Punch use social way as way to increase exposure for the promotion along with boosting levels of engagement? Be prepared to share your ideas in class.
- This isn’t the first time Sour Punch has introduced a bizarre flavor. According to this story, what was the last time they launched a promotion similar to this?
- What does that tell you about the effectiveness of the last promotion?