Spotify is redesigning the core homescreen of its app, trying to make it easier for users to find new stuff to listen to — and watch.
Click here to read the story at theverge.com.
- What is product management?
- Why do businesses and brands work to improve products and services?
- What is Spotify doing to improve the product?
- Why is Spotify redesigning the home screen of the app?
- The headline of this story suggests the new design is “part TikTok, part Instagram, part YouTube.” What does that mean?
- Why might Spotify want to integrate features similar to other social media apps?
- What is Spotify’s “StreamOn” event?
- Why do you think Spotify announced the new design at the event?
- Why are podcasts important to Spotify’s business plan?
- Why is Spotify encouraging consumers to do more than just listen to music and podcasts on the app?
- How might that impact Spotify’s business in the long term?
- Do you, personally, like the new design? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.