Sprite is saying goodbye to its green bottle. Starting August 1st, new packaging will appear on store shelves featuring a clear bottle.
Click here to read the story at people.com.
- What is packaging?
- What does packaging have to do with marketing?
- What is branding?
- How might Sprite’s green bottles represent the concept of branding?
- In your opinion, will moving away from green bottles have any impact on the brand? Why or why not?
- What is sustainability?
- Why do you think brands like Sprite are focused on sustainability?
- Who do you think might represent Sprite’s target audience?
- How might the shift to clear bottles help Sprite to connect with its target consumer? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.