Puppuccinos may soon officially be part of Starbucks’ menu, a new trademark filing suggests.
The coffee giant applied to trademark the term “puppuccino” with the US Patent and Trademark Office on May 4.
Click here to read the story at businessinsider.com.
- What is a brand?
- What is brand protection?
- How do companies protect their brands?
- What is a trademark?
- Why would Starbucks apply for a trademark to the term “puppaccino”?
- If they are granted the trademark, what does that mean for Starbucks?
- What is brand extension?
- How might this story represent an example of brand extension?