More restaurants, including big chains and small mom-and-pop shops, are using subscription programs to build loyalty and drive sales.
Click here to read the story at axios.com.
- What is a business plan?
- How might a subscription offering differ from a restaurant’s traditional business plan?
- What are industry trends?
- Why do businesses and brands track industry trends?
- Why do you think subscription programs have become a popular trend in the restaurant industry?
- What is Subway’s “Footlong Pass” program?
- Why do you think Subway is limiting the number of Footlong Passes available to consumers?
- What is another example of a national restaurant brand who offers a subscription program?
- What risks might be associated with a restaurant’s launch of a subscription program?
- What is the name of Subway’s rewards program?
- Consumers must be a new or existing member of the chain’s MyWay Rewards program to be eligible to purchase one of the limited passes. Why do you think that might be?
- Do you think we will see other national restaurant brands jump on the subscription-model trend? Why or why not? If so, who might be a good candidate? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.