Subway is drawing a direct link between the “Eat Fresh Refresh” strategy and a sales boost in the summer period, including its highest weekly average unit volume transactions in eight years. The planned multiyear overhaul touches across the chain’s business, with a menu makeover consisting of 11 new and improved ingredients, six new or returning sandwiches and four revamped signature sandwiches.
Click here to read the story at marketingdive.com.
- What is branding?
- Why is branding important?
- What is a brand “refresh” as described in this news story?
- What is positioning?
- How might Subway’s brand refresh illustrate the concept of positioning?
- How is Subway positioning the brand as part of the refresh?
- What are sales?
- Why are sales important to a company like Subway?
- What are some ways companies like Subway can increase sales?
- Why do you think the brand refresh resulted in a sales increase?