Sweetgreen has a Monday and Friday problem.
The salad-and-grain-bowl chain was riding high pre-pandemic as increasing numbers of office workers relied on it for their daily desk salads.
Click here to read the story at fastcompany.com.
- Who is Sweetgreen? What type of company are they?
- What is brand loyalty?
- Why is brand loyalty important in the restaurant industry?
- Why might it be important to Sweetgreen?
- How do you think restaurant chains build brand loyalty?
- Do you think it is difficult for a restaurant chain to build loyalty? Why or why not?
- What is a loyalty program?
- Are you a member of any loyalty programs?
- If so, what business or brand?
- What are some of the features that the program offers?
- What do you think the business or brand hopes to accomplish with the loyalty program?
- Based on what you learned from this story, describe Sweetgreen’s loyalty program.
- Why would Sweetgreen ask customers to pay $10 a month to participate in its loyalty program?
- According to this story Sweetgreen has a “Monday and Friday problem.” What does that mean?
- How might its loyalty program help to alleviate that problem?
- What are profits?
- Based on information from this story, why isn’t Sweetgreen profitable?
- What is gamification?
- Why do you think gamification is such a popular marketing strategy?
- What has Sweetgreen done to “gamify” its loyalty program?