It’s not a celebrity, but Taco Bell has enlisted something equally as recognizable for its first-ever global ad campaign: the moon.
On May 4, the moon will closely resemble a taco during its waning crescent phase, so Taco Bell is calling it the “Taco Moon.” To celebrate, it’s planning to hand out for free the most tacos it ever has gifted on a single day and kick off a new ad campaign promoting its global expansion.
Click here to read the story at cnn.com.
- What is a global ad campaign?
- Why do you think this was Taco Bell’s first ever global ad campaign?
- What is influencer marketing?
- Why do you think the brand is focusing on digital for this campaign? What is the name of the campaign?
- What is unique about the “I See a Taco” global campaign?
- According to this story, what is unique about the ‘influencer’ in this campaign from Taco Bell?
- What do you think Taco Bell hopes to accomplish with this campaign?
- Do you think they will be successful in reaching that objective? Why or why not?