Roughly two weeks after Taco Bell brought back Mexican Pizza to the menu — with the help of Doja Cat and Dolly Parton — fans are finding the item sold out in many restaurants across the country.
Click here to read the story at nrn.com.
- Why do you think Taco Bell re-introduced Mexican Pizza to the menu?
- Why do you think Taco Bell enlisted the Doja Cat and Dolly Parton to promote the return of the new product?
- Why is the company now removing the product from the menu?
- Given the popularity of the Mexican Pizza, why would Taco Bell discontinue the product in the first place?
- What is distribution?
- Why is distribution an important function of marketing?
- What are “supply issues” as referenced by this news story?
- Do you think that is related to supply chain issues that are impacting other businesses or is this unique to Taco Bell?
- What is “Mexican Pizza: The Musical” and how might that represent an example of social media marketing?
- Now that the product is no longer on the menu, what do you think Taco Bell should do about the show? Why? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.