Looking to make Taco Bell synonymous with tacos across the globe, the fast food giant today kicked off two new major marketing initiatives. The first aims to grow global awareness by taking ownership of the taco emoji that lives on all of our phones. The second taps into Discord’s highly active US user base in a taco-distributing day of fun.
Click here to read the story at thedrum.com.
- Wht is a “stunt” as it relates to marketing?
- What is publicity?
- Based on information from this story, describe Taco Bell’s National Taco Day stunt.
- How might a marketing stunt like this generate publicity for Taco Bell?
- How might Taco Bell benefit from the publicity?
- What is promotion?
- Why do you think brands like Taco Bell create promotions around “holidays” like National Taco Day?
- What is consumer engagement?
- How might this promotion help Taco Bell to boost levels of consumer engagement?
- If you were a brand competing with Taco Bell, what type of promotion might you create for National Taco Day? How might it help increase both consumer engagement and sales? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.