There’s nothing Mexican about chicken nuggets, but that doesn’t bother Taco Bell.
Starting today, October 12, the chain is testing Crispy Chicken Nuggets in select stores as the chain plans to disrupt a category where it sees weakness.
Click here to read the story at businessinsider.com.
- What is competition?
- What is direct competition?
- What is indirect competition?
- Are Taco Bell and McDonald’s direct competitors? Why or why not?
- What is differentiation?
- How can differentiation provide a business with a competitive advantage?
- This news story suggests that Taco Bell might see an area of weakness in the chicken nuggets category among fast food chains. What is it?
- How might that explain why Taco Bell is testing a new chicken nuggets product?
- Why do you think they are just testing the product for now, and not offering it on menus everywhere?
- How do you think they decided on Minneapolis as a test market?
- How much are they charging for the new product and why do you think it might be different from location to location?
- How are they differentiating their nuggets from the competition?
- Why do you think they are also offering two new dipping sauces?
- Why do you think they are introducing a new breakfast taco product?
- Why do you think they “going after” McDonald’s, as this news story suggests? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.