The drive-thru is getting a makeover.
Last week, Taco Bell announced it is launching a new drive-thru restaurant in Brooklyn, Minnesota called “Taco Bell Defy.” A 3,000 square-foot, two-story model, it aims to reimagine the drive-thru for the mobile era as the restaurant industry adapts to the demands of on-demand food ordering. The site is set to open the following summer.
Click here to read the story at qz.com.
- Based on information from this story, describe Taco Bell’s new-look drive-thru.
- Why do you think Taco Bell wants to reinvent the drive-thru?
- Why do you think they chose to launch the new drive-thru in Brooklyn, Minnesota?
- What is consumer behavior?
- How do you think shifts in consumer behavior influenced Taco Bell’s decision to reinvent the drive-thru experience?
- Based on information from this story, how did drive-thrus perform during the pandemic? Why do you think that is?
- What is customer service?
- Why is customer service important?
- How might the new drive-thru experience impact Taco Bell’s level of customer service?
- What do you think about the new drive-thru concept? Do you like it? Why or why not? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.