Taco Bell is asking the U.S. regulators for permission to use the phrase “Taco Tuesday,” originally trademarked by Taco John’s.
Click here to read the story at usatoday.com.
- What is a brand?
- What does it mean to “protect” a brand?
- Why do companies need to protect their brands?
- What is a trademark?
- Why are trademarks important in business?
- Who regulates trademarks in the United States?
- Why is it important to have someone who regulates trademarks?
- Why do you think Taco John’s trademarked the term “Taco Tuesday” and what might that have to do with marketing?
- Why does Taco Bell want U.S. regulators to allow it to use the “Taco Tuesday” phrase?
- What is publicity?
- How might Taco John’s actually benefit from from Taco Bell’s actions?
- In your opinion, should the term be protected under U.S. Trademark law? Why or why not?