A few weeks before Christmas, San Tan Ford, a dealership in the Phoenix area, invited car buyers to gawk at the Mustang Mach-E, a highly anticipated electric car that Ford Motor recently started selling.
The event drew some 200 people, many driving BMWs, Audis, Subarus and other brands San Tan rarely gets as trade-ins.
Click here to read the story at nytimes.com.
- Why do you think Ford is getting into the electric vehicle market?
- What is competition?
- What is market share?
- Why do you think Tesla has such a dominant market share in the electrice vehicle space?
- What is pricing?
- Why is pricing such an important function of marketing?
- Based on information from this story, how might Ford be planning to price the new vehicle? How might that strategy help to compete in the electric vehicle market?
- What do you think Ford must do if they hope to compete with Tesla? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.