Ian Miller, owner of the Slaughterhouse in Des Moines, Iowa, makes a living out of scaring people to death.
Click here to read the story at thehustle.co.
- What is the difference between a corporation and a small business?
- Which do you think best describes operating a haunted house?
- What is entrepreneurship?
- How might opening a haunted house business represent an example of entrepreneurship?
- Based on what you learned from this news story, are U.S. consumers spending more or less today on Halloween than in the past?
- Why might that matter to a haunted house business owner?
- According to this news story, it’s as difficult as ever to start a haunted house. Why?
- What are some costs associated with running a haunted house business?
- Why are costs an important consideration for any aspiring entrepreneur?
- What is a seasonal business?
- What is an example of a challenge that seasonal business owners face that other businesses might not have to worry as much about with a consistent, year-round customer base?
- What is a business plan?
- Why is a business plan important to a seasonal business?
- What are some common mistakes that haunted-house operators make from a business perspective, based on information from this news story?
- How might some of those mistakes also apply to other businesses and what can an aspiring entrepreneur learn from that?