Already a holiday season like no other, the 2020 shopping experience has seen a huge shift in terms of when and where it is taking place — and how companies are advertising their wares amid a bleak economic landscape.
Holiday sales started earlier than ever before, with many retailers spreading out their seasonal promotions in order to maintain social distancing protocols in stores and to prevent bottlenecks in the supply chain.
Click here to read the story at nbcnews.com.
- What is seasonal marketing?
- Based on information from this news story, what is one example of how the pandemic has changed how marketers have approached this holiday season?
- Why do you think it has been important for retailers to adjust their marketing strategies during the pandemic?
- What is e-commerce?
- According to this news story, how has the pandemic impacted e-commerce during the holiday season?
- According to this story, where are brands spending the most on advertising leading up to the holidays? Why do you think that is?