In the app, you literally gas people up. That’s why it’s called “Gas.”
The social networking app, which was released in August 2022, allows you to compliment your friends in a series of polls, and it is the No. 1 social networking app (as of press time) on Apple’s App Store — ahead of the timed photo app BeReal.
Click here to read the story at entrepreneur.com.
- What is the “Gas” app?
- Have you ever heard of the app?
- Have you ever used the app?
- How does the app work?
- How does the developer of the Gas app generate revenue?
- Why is that important?
- What is market segmentation?
- How have the “Gas” app developers segmented the market thus far?
- What is a target market?
- Who do you think might represent the app’s target audience? Why?
- What is entrepreneurship?
- How might this story illustrate the concept of entrepreneurship?
- What is advertising?
- Does the app allow advertising?
- What types of brands might be interested in advertising on the Gas platform?
- In your opinion, will “Gas” just be a short-term fad or do you think the company can sustain long-term success? Why or why not? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.