McDonald’s is once again promoting a “farewell tour” for the McRib sandwich.
The seasonal offering, which since its introduction in 1981 has periodically disappeared from the fast food giant’s menu, is making one more appearance at McDonald’s locations nationwide.
Click here to read the story at cnbc.com.
- What is nostalgia marketing?
- What are industry trends?
- Why do you think nostalgia marketing has been such a popular industry trend?
- What is promotion?
- What type of promotion best describes a limited-time only promotion?
- McDonald’s consistently offers limited-time only promotions. Why?
- What is branding?
- What is brand loyalty?
- How might the concept of brand loyalty explain the popularity of the McRib?
- Why might McDonald’s offer limited-edition McRib-branded merchandise?