When you walk 10,000 steps in a day, your Fitbit rewards you with a jiggle and some virtual fireworks, giving you a reason to pause and smile with pride. When you practice a foreign language on Duolingo multiple days in a row, you earn a “streak” and are encouraged to maintain it, giving you an extra reason to strive for repetition.
Click here to read the story at wired.com.
- What is gamification?
- How might gamification benefit marketers?
- What is consumer engagement?
- How might gamification impact levels of consumer engagement?
- What are the disadvantages to gamification?
- Describe a gamification strategy you might implement if you were a marketing professional working for your favorite brand. Be prepared to share your ideas.