New York (CNN) In the pantheon of sodas, Dr Pepper is the odd one out: It doesn’t have the popularity or sales of Coca-Cola or Pepsi, you can’t use it in a standard cocktail, and it doesn’t fall neatly into a category like cola or root beer.
Click here to read the story at cnn.com.
- What is competition?
- What is the difference between direct and indirect competition?
- Who might represent an example of each to Dr Pepper?
- Based on what you learned in this news story, what differentiates Dr Pepper from Pepsi and Coca-Cola in the marketplace?
- What is product positioning?
- Why do you think Dr Pepper is uniquely positioned in the marketplace?
- What are industry trends?
- Why is it important for businesses to monitor and analyze industry trends?
- Why do you think soda sales have been falling?
- Why do you think Dr Pepper has been thriving while soda sales overall have been falling?
- Do you think the trend of a decline in soda sales will eventually reverse? Why or why not?