When they’re good, they’re iconic. When they’re bad — well, at least you can usually laugh. We’re talking destination campaigns — when travel hotspots make a bid for your hard-earned vacation cash by producing extravagant videos and entire websites to grab your attention.
Click here to read the story at cnn.com.
- What is destination marketing?
- Why is tourism important to some areas?
- Why do you think those areas engage in destination marketing?
- Can you think of any destination marketing campaigns that you have seen recently?
- What was the destination and where did you see the marketing?
- Which destination marketing campaign identified in this news story do you think was the strangest?
- What do you think makes an effective destination marketing campaign?
- Despite being “weird” campaigns (according to this story), do you think they were effective?
- What message do you think Sweden was hoping to communicate to tourists with their destination marketing campaign?
- Why do you think Rwanda chose to feature a soccer player (Lionel Messi) as part of its destination marketing campaign?
- What is positioning?
- How do you think Columbia is positioning itself as part of their holiday marketing campaign?