When Francis Davidson was wrapping up his first year of college at McGill University in 2012, the then 19-year-old philosophy and economics major wanted to make some extra cash, so he rented out his apartment for the summer.
Click here to read the story at cnbc.com.
- What is entrepreneurship?
- What is a “side hustle”?
- Do you think a side hustle is the same thing as entrepreneurship? Why or why not?
- What do you think the key to a successful startup might be?
- Based on information from this story, describe Sonder’s business model.
- Do you think the founder of Sonder was prepared to be an entrepreneur? Why might that be an important lesson to any aspiring entrepreneur?
- Do you, personally, have any interest in owning your own business one day? If so, what can you do to prepare for that opportunity?