On Tuesday, April 21, TikTok’s biggest star crossed the 50 million follower threshold. One day later, video conferencing from her bedroom in Connecticut, Charli D’Amelio has another milestone on her mind: her 16th birthday.
Caught up in her excitement about the festivities, D’Amelio doesn’t mention the appearance she has coming up on The Tonight Show, her second, where she will talk with host Jimmy Fallon about the dance she created in March to encourage people to stay home during the coronavirus pandemic.
Click here to read the story at hollywoodreporter.com.
- Why do you think it took a while for TikTok to grow in popularity?
- Why do you think TikTok is exploding in popularity right now?
- Do you think TikTok will still be popular five years from now? Ten? Why or why not?
- What is influencer marketing? Can you think of a product or service you considered purchasing based on influencer marketing?
- This article suggests that Hollywood is going “all in” on TikTok. What do you think that means?