Shoppers of all ages will soon get another chance to be a Toys R Us kid.
Under new ownership, Toys R Us is opening a U.S. flagship store at the American Dream mall in New Jersey complete with a two-story slide, an ice cream parlor and more than 10,000 toys.
Click here to read the story at usatoday.com
- What is the difference between retail and e-commerce?
- How has the evolution of online commerce impacted retail?
- Why is retail important to a company like Toys R Us?
- Toys R Us is under new ownership after the company declared bankruptcy. What is bankruptcy?
- What is a marketing plan?
- What is “traffic” as it relates to retail?
- Why might Toys R Us marketing plan place an emphasis on attracting traffic to its stores?
- How might adding a 2-story slide and an ice cream parlor attract more traffic to this store?
- Why do you think Toys R Us isn’t adding amenities like these to EVERY store?
- In your opinion, will this initiative help to boost overall sales at Toys R Us stores? Do you think that matters to the new owners in the short term? Why or why not?