There’s something about mint toothpaste and orange juice that doesn’t mix. It’s sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), an ingredient that helps clean teeth but makes orange juice taste like you’ve done something worth apologizing for. The epitome of leaving a bad taste in your mouth.
Click here to read the story at musebycl.io.
- What is product development?
- What factors must companies consider when developing products?
- What is market research?
- Why is market research important to product development?
- What type of market research did Tropicana consider when developing the new toothpaste?
- What is product differentiation?
- How is Tropicana differentiating its toothpaste product from competitors?
- Why is marketing important for Tropicana as they launch the new toothpaste product?
- What do you think Tropicana hopes to accomplish with the launch of a toothpaste product?
- Why do you think this product is only being offered for a limited time? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.