As part of President Joe Biden’s campaign in 2020, he released a plan for a campaign called Buy American, a $700 billion effort to invest in American manufacturing and American-made goods.
It’s exactly what American-made brands have been asking for: institutional backing to help those that have chosen to forsake the lower costs of manufacturing elsewhere.
Click here to read the story at digiday.com.
- What is a global economy?
- What is the “Buy American” campaign?
- Why do you think U.S. companies would buy from foreign partners rather than American-made brands?
- How do you think the U.S. benefits when companies buy from American-made brands?
- Why do you think retail and fashion brands, in particular, might be optimistic about the “Buy American” campaign (as suggested in the headline of this news story)?