Major international brands including Coca-Cola, PepsiCo and Unilever are among the 70 signatories of a joint letter calling for a UN treaty to tackle plastic pollution.
Click here to read the story at thedrum.com.
- What is sustainability?
- How might this story represent an example of sustainability?
- Why do you think brands engage in sustainability initiatives?
- What is corporate responsibility?
- What are ethics?
- Do you think corporate responsibility and ethics are the same thing? Why or why not?
- Which might best describe how brands approach sustainability?
- Do you personally pay attention to how brands prioritize sustainability issues? Does it have any impact on your purchase decisions?
- Coca-Cola, PepsiCo and Unilever are among those brands signing a pact to cut down on plastic pollution. However, they were just named the top three plastic polluters in the world. Why then do you think it might be important for them to lead the charge in finding ways to reduce plastic pollution?