United Airlines on Wednesday unveiled its first new seat in nearly a decade for passengers at the front of the plane, becoming the latest carrier to upgrade its cabin as airlines battle for high-paying travelers.
Click here to read the story at cnbc.com.
- What is market segmentation?
- What type of segmentation is represented when a business or brand considers consumer income?
- What is a target market?
- Who might represent the target market for an airline when it comes to first-class seating?
- What is competition?
- What is differentiation?
- How might upgrading first-class seats help United from a differentiation perspective? Could it give them a competitive advantage?
- According to this story, what is United doing to upgrade the seats?
- What is supply chain?
- According to this story, how has supply chain issues impacted the airline industry’s ability to upgrade their seating?