Coming into Super Bowl week, the Volvo marketing team is pulling off another trick play.
The company has promised to give out $2 million of its Swedish machines if anyone scores a safety in the big ball game Sunday. Safety, of course, is the brand’s north star. The message is a bit incongruous with a quarterback getting mauled by car-sized humans, but you get the point.
Click here to read the story at marketingdive.com.
- What is advertising?
- What is sponsorship?
- Are advertising and sponsorship the same thing?
- Why would a brand want to invest a NFL sponsorship?
- Why would a brand want to advertise during the Super Bowl?
- Based on information from this story, is Volvo a NFL sponsor?
- Based on information from this story, is Volvo advertising during the Super Bowl?
- What is publicity?
- How is Volvo using the Super Bowl to generate publicity?