Is the beloved American fast-food-franchise model facing a reckoning?
Click here to read the story at fastcompany.com.
- What is a franchise?
- What is a franchisor?
- What is one example of a franchisor discussed in this news story?
- How might a fast food franchise represent an entrepreneurship opportunity?
- What risks might be associated with owning a fast food franchise?
- What is bankruptcy?
- What is a business plan?
- The headline of this story asks if the fast-food model is broken. Why might it be important to revisit a business plan if companies are going bankrupt?
- Based on information from this story, why are some fast food franchises going bankrupt?
- What is profit?
- What is profit margin?
- This story suggests the fast food industry is notorious for “thin” margins. What does that mean?
- What are some of the costs that are making it difficult for fast food franchise operators to make a profit, according to this news story?
- In your opinion, do you think fewer people will invest in opening fast-food franchises unless adjustments are made to the existing business model? Why or why not?