Burger chain, Wendy’s UK, has launched podcast miniseries highlighting the scary reality of competitor fast food experiences with a comedic spin.
Click here to read the story at mobilemarketingmagazine.com.
- What is publicity?
- What is a publicity stunt?
- Why would a business or brand launch a publicity stunt?
- Do you think all stunts result in positive publicity? Why or why not?
- Based on information from this story, what are the “Burger Files” from Wendy’s?
- Do you think Wendy’s “Burger Files” podcast is an example of a publicity stunt? Why or why not?
- Why do you think they chose to use podcasts as a medium for reaching consumers?
- What is market segmentation?
- What is geographic segmentation?
- How might this story represent an example?
- How does this story represent an example of digital marketing and content marketing?
- Why are those important marketing strategies for a fast food chain like Wendy’s?
- What do you think Wendy’s hopes to accomplish with the launch of the “Burger Files” podcast series?
- Do you think they will be successful in reaching that goal? Why or why not?