It’s first-quarter earnings call season, nerds. These calls offer a cornucopia of data for fast food industry obsessives, highlighting the highs, lows, and tragic failures of the industry on a quarterly basis.
Click here to read the story at thetakeout.com.
- From a business perspective, what is a quarter?
- What is an earnings report?
- Why are earnings reports important to publicly traded companies like Chipotle?
- What is a SWOT analysis?
- Based on what you learned from this news story, where does the leadership at Chipotle see an opportunity?
- What is product development?
- Why is product testing important?
- Why do you think Chipotle has tested dessert items in the past but never added them to the menu?
- Why do you think they are planning to introduce a dessert item now?
- In your opinion, should Chipotle add a dessert item (or items) to the menu? Why or why not?