In a mega-deal that could have a huge impact on grocery shopping in America, Kroger and Albertsons announced Friday plans to merge.
Click here to read the story at cnn.com.
- What is price as it relates to the marketing mix?
- Why is price such an important function of marketing?
- In business, what is the difference between a merger and an acquisition?
- What governmental agency regulates mergers and acquisitions?
- Why does the government regulate mergers and acquisitions?
- According to this story, which major supermarket chains have announced plans to merge?
- Why is that significant?
- Why might this merger not end up actually happening?
- According to this story, how might the proposed merger impact prices?
- What is a store brand?
- This article suggests a merger could result in more store brands. Why?
- What is competition?
- What is a mom-and-pop store?
- How might the proposed merger impact competition in the grocery space, particularly for mom-and-pops?