In celebration of the Halloween season, White Castle, America’s first fast-food hamburger chain, will be offering 13 spooktacular deals throughout the month of October.
Click here to read the story at prnewswire.com.
* Teacher Note: Consider pairing this news story with the recently released “Spooky Marketing” bonus content discussion deck shared with Marketing Insights subscribers. Current subscribers can download the discussion deck in the “Marketing Insights from SCC” section of the website.
- What is the marketing mix?
- What are the different components of the marketing mix?
- What is promotion?
- What are the different types of promotion?
- Why is promotion an important component of the marketing mix?
- Based on what you learned from this story, describe the Halloween-themed promotion from White Castle.
- What is seasonal marketing?
- What type of company is White Castle?
- Why would White Castle want to launch a promotion around Halloween?
- Why do you think they are introducing 13 different deals instead of just one?
- What is social media marketing?
- Why might social media marketing be important to the success of this promotion from White Castle?
- Why do you think White Castle wants customers to redeem the promotions on the company’s app?
- How might that represent an example of digital marketing?