Despite its global domination of the online shopping space, Amazon, which is the largest e-commerce company in the world with an annual revenue of over $450 billion (via AxiomQ), has yet to become a dominant force in one of the prominent retail categories: grocery.
Click here to read the story at tastingtable.com.
- What is competition?
- What is the difference between direct and indirect competition?
- What is Amazon Fresh?
- Who represents direct competition to Amazon in the grocery market?
- Who might represent indirect competition?
- What is a competitive advantage?
- What might provide Amazon with a competitive advantage?
- What is differentiation?
- Based on information from this story, why has Amazon struggled to compete in the grocery market?
- Why hasn’t Amazon been able to distinguish itself from competitors?
- What is market share?
- In your opinion, what could Amazon do to gain market share in the grocery space?