Saving money can take a little extra effort: clipping coupons, searching for a promotional code, signing up for an email list….But Amazon sometimes makes us check a box to save. Huh? Those orange “coupon” banners below the price on Amazon’s online store are a head-scratcher.
Click here to read the story at cnn.com.
- What is promotion?
- What is a coupon?
- Why do brands offer coupons?
- What type of promotion might best describe coupons?
- Why do you think Amazon sometimes offers coupons?
- Have you ever used a coupon on Amazon?
- What is consumer behavior?
- Why do marketers study consumer behavior?
- What is “cart abandonment” and how does it illustrate the concept of consumer behavior?
- Why is cart abandoment a concern for online retailers?
- Based on information from this story, explain why Amazon requires shoppers to make an extra click to reeem coupons.