Amazon still makes most of its revenue from orders placed through its online stores, and most of its profit from its cloud computing arm. Both of those businesses were built almost entirely in house.
Click here to read the story at cnbc.com.
- What is an acquisition?
- Why do companies like Amazon acquire other businesses?
- What do these acquisitions tell you about Amazon’s long-term business and marketing plan?
- What is innovation?
- What are the different types of innovation?
- What is business model innovation?
- How might this story represent an example of business model innovation?
- What is a market disruption?
- How might Amazon’s entrance into grocery, film and health care impact those markets?