While there are several ways the ad picture for Super Bowl LV will look different than in previous years, counterprogramming is emerging as a winning tactic, thanks to a growing list of brands that have tapped into interest in the big game without spending big on a TV spot.
Click here to read the story at marketingdive.com.
- What is advertising?
- Why do companies advertise?
- Why are Super Bowl ads so expensive?
- Why would a brand want to invest in a Super Bowl commercial?
- What is “counterprogramming” as discussed in this news story?
- What is one example of a brand “counterprogramming” during the Super Bowl provided in this news story?
- Why would a brand want to invest in alternative marketing efforts rather than a Super Bowl commercial?
- Do you think the NFL should be concerned with more companies turning to counterprogramming strategies? Why or why not?
- What types of Super Bowl promotions have you seen recently? Do you think those brands will advertise during the Super Bowl? Do you think they will advertise during the game?