IHOP has been offering pancakes and other breakfast favorites since the restaurant chain opened back in 1958, and that has never changed.
Click here to read the story at tastingtable.com.
- How do you think the pandemic impacted the restaurant business?
- How did the pandemic impact decisions made at IHOP?
- What is a loyalty program?
- Why do restaurants launch loyalty programs?
- According to this news story, IHOP’s loyalty program has seen a makeover. What is new or different about the program?
- How do you think advertising and marketing can help a business or brand to communicate information to consumers?
- What is a NFT?
- Based on what you learned in this story, how did IHOP announce their NFT on social media?
- Why do you think they used social media for the announcement?
- What is different about IHOP’s “NFT” compared to what most consider a NFT to be?
- What is positioning?
- Why do you think IHOP is introducing a new menu?
- How might some of the new menu items demonstrate an example of positioning?
- How will IHOP’s NFT generate publicity for the company’s new menu?