Kia has a logo problem: namely, that people can’t quite read it. The recent revelation that the company’s new logo causes 30,000 people a month to Google “KN car” sent the design world into a minor tizzy, resulting in a number of proposals to “fix” the logo by restoring the missing crossbar to its “A.”
Click here to read the story at fastcompany.com.
- What is branding?
- Why is branding important in business?
- Why do you think logos are an important part of an overall branding strategy?
- What is a rebrand?
- Why do you think Kia chose to rebrand?
- Why do you think they introduced a new logo as part of the rebrand?
- Based on what you learned in this news story, how was the new logo perceived by customers?
- How might that impact Kia from a branding perspective?
- How might that impact the company in the long term?
- What are industry trends?
- The headline of this story suggests the Kia logo is part of a new design trend. What is it?
- Why do you think that is a current design trend?