McDonald’s last month brought back its Szechuan sauce — the source of countless internet memes — for a limited time. The offer had one key condition: The savory condiment was only available through the burger chain’s mobile app.
Click here to read the story at marketingdive.com.
- Why do you think McDonald’s discontinued its Szechuan sauce?
- What is promotion?
- What do you think a brand hopes to accomplish when they offer a product or service for only a limited time?
- How would you describe that type of promotion?
- What is digital marketing?
- Why is digital marketing important to a brand?
- Why are apps important?
- How might this initiative from McDonald’s demonstrate the concept of digital marketing?
- What do you think McDonald’s hopes to accomplish by brning back its Szechuan sauce?
- Do you think the promotion will prove to be a success? Why or why not?